The Brahma & Cochin Club of Australia

Breeders Directory, Forum, Australian Brahma and Cochin Standards, Poultry Breeding and Genetics Information and much more...

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Homes needed for Buff Brahmas

Franz

Hi All

Shani at Shrimani Farm ( www.shrimanifarm.com ). Is selling all her Brahmas, she is based in Victoria, down near Sale. They are being held for me at the moment at $30 a bird (8 in total and she would like to sell them all as a group) There are two buff roosters which I have no room for, 3 hens and 3 young birds (about 14 weeks). Just wondering if there is anyone who would like to buy into this opportunity. I only really want a hen and I'm happy to take a few of the young birds but my pens are pretty full at the moment and I've got 36 eggs that have just hatched!

Can you contact me ASAP if you are keen.

Cheers,

Franz

--

February 26, 2011 at 6:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jodie Oakley
Oh Franz!!! I'd love to take some of them but it will be at least two months before we move onto farm :(
February 26, 2011 at 8:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JoelGiusti

if i lived closer i would probably go for them..

February 28, 2011 at 9:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

brahmacochin

whats the quality like mate? And would you be able to hold on to a few hens until the show when I could pick them up? I could cover feed costs

March 1, 2011 at 7:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Franz

I've only seen photos but they look a good size and form. The web address is

www.shrimanifarm.com  I'm heading down there on the 14th of March to pick up the brahmas, 8 barnevelders and 3 Dorkings.The other breeds are for friends. I can definately hold onto a few birds for you and bring them up to the show, I'll post some pics when I get them with weights and general info on each bird for you.still not sure where the roosters are going though!!

--

March 2, 2011 at 2:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

greenfumb

Too far for me Franz as you know but I will definitely come down and get some eggs some time.

March 2, 2011 at 4:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Franz

Wohoo, Bryan will look after the Roosters for the next couple of months until I can work out what to do with them!!:)

--

March 7, 2011 at 5:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rita

Ill have them... need to organise transport with Anitrans...

Rita

June 13, 2011 at 2:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Franz

I have recently thinned out the less Brahma shaped birds from this group and the older hen is being picked up at the show, which leaves me with the three birds I wanted but I'll be bringing some young birds to the show if anyone is interested. I'll try and post some new pics next weekend, they are almost all buff birds, Some are Cochin X Brahma, so exhibit blade combs. But most have good pea combs.

--

June 19, 2011 at 9:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.