The Brahma & Cochin Club of Australia

Breeders Directory, Forum, Australian Brahma and Cochin Standards, Poultry Breeding and Genetics Information and much more...

Forums

Forum Home > For Sale & Wanted > Wanted bantam Brahmas

Judy Watson

We are based in Mordialloc but also spend time on the morninigton Peninsula and in Camperdown. Can anyone tell us of a breeder of bantams? They seem to be hard to come by. (We currently have a small flock of Pekins but we love the look of brahmas and are interested in having a bit of a mixed batch, including also a couple of bantam Araucanas if we can find some. We're not really set up for standard sized poultry.) Hope someone can help. Cheers. Judy

--
April 2, 2013 at 12:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Judy Watson

Btw, those places are in Victoria:-)

--
April 2, 2013 at 12:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Franz

Hi Judy,

Sorry for the slow reply, life has been a bit busy..... Bantams are not easy to find in Brahma and even rarer in Victoria. Check through the breeders list at this site and maybe get eggs posted down. I can do standard Brahma and I know Mellissa Mathe has a few for sale still, otherwise eggs in a few months would be your best option :)

Cheers,

Franz

--

May 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike Nelson

Life time member Don Jones at Wyong has been breeding Dark Bantam Brahmas for the last 40 years, he may be able to help,

i also have Bantans work in progress, at this time.

June 16, 2013 at 8:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Judy Watson

Franz at May 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Hi Judy,

Sorry for the slow reply, life has been a bit busy..... Bantams are not easy to find in Brahma and even rarer in Victoria. Check through the breeders list at this site and maybe get eggs posted down. I can do standard Brahma and I know Mellissa Mathe has a few for sale still, otherwise eggs in a few months would be your best option :)

Cheers,

Franz

Thanks Franz. Likewise sorry for the slow reply! I will do as you suggest and the posted eggs idea is an interesting one I had not considered. Cheers, Judy

June 18, 2013 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Judy Watson

Mike Nelson at June 16, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Life time member Don Jones at Wyong has been breeding Dark Bantam Brahmas for the last 40 years, he may be able to help,

i also have Bantans work in progress, at this time.

Hi Mike, Thanks for the reply. Are you also in NSW? 

June 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike Nelson

I'm located in the hunter valley, 

June 19, 2013 at 4:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mell

We might be able to help with some bantams. We have some off heat now.

October 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.